Sunday, February 12, 2006

Inuyasha #132: The Walrus Punching Episode


So, the wife and I have been casually watching the Adult Swim run of Inuyasha since it started. This week's episode was unintentionally hilarious. Basically the episode revolves around a demon force feeding women of a village it's progeny to control them so it can feast on men. Our heroes have to blah, blah, blah. (Check the summaries here if you're really interested.) If you've watched Inuyasha at least once before, then you know how it goes. The unintentionally funny part is when Miroku discovers that in order to cure the women, he has to punch them in the gut as hard as he possibly can with the o-fuda on his fist. There's a good five minutes of watching Miroku punch these women in the gut, their eyes bug out and they expunge the tiny salamander demons. They wife and I were both dying, seized with paroxysms of laughter, and have officially dubbed this episode the Walrus Punching episode of Inuyasha.
It didn't occur to me until a few days later that if I had the wireless network adapter for my Tivo I could've screencapped the walrus punching. I went looking for screencaps for this episode so I could link to them, but the only ones I found didn't have any examples of the walrus punching. So, I went looking and found the above image here. So there you go.
If I remember to get the wireless network adapter in the next week or so, I might revisit this post and add screencaps, but don't hold your breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home